09 September 2006

First Week

So my first week with classes is over...Here are some highlights:

-Wednesday night I went to the track after hearing earlier that there would be a practice from 6:30-9:30. It was more like "open track" time, with student athletes from 3 local universities working out as well. Official practices don't begin until early November however, after the HKBU track meet, where the coach determines who will be on the team in the spring. I had a great work out regardless and was able to run some laps, hurdle, high jump, and throw the discus. Afterards I even played some futbol with the Europeans and some locals. I was sore on Thursday, to say the least. I'm looking forward to getting back into track shape.

-After waking up late in the morning on Thursday and going to class all afternoon, I went to the International Students Welcome Night/Dinner. If anything, I made a few more friends. Later that night, a few of my classmates and I went to the Night Market (basically an area in Kowloon where you can get anything and everything VERY inexpensively). Suffice it to say that I spent about $15-20 when I would have paid about 5-6 times that in the U.S.

-I spent Friday morning working on writing an article for a non-profit real estate investing club in the Nashville area, to be published in their monthly newsletter. Before leaving the States, I had done some interviews and was now typing up some drafts.

In the afternoon and evening, I went to Mongkok to pick up my passport and visas for mainland China and then bought some Oakleys (wink wink) in the market there. That night, some friends and I dined at the Spaghetti House. Hit the sack earlier that night in preparation for Macau on Saturday.

Photo Section:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home