31 August 2006

Track Workout

7 am - My phone alarm goes off and I waken from my slumber...

7:15 - After throwing on some workout shorts and a wife-beater, I met Yichieh on the ground floor and we headed to the track.

-Some background on Yichieh's track skills - Nashville's newspapers called him the "Rice Rocket" as a result of his incredible sprinting ability; he ran a 10.62 second 100m dash as a senior in high school; 21.9 second 200m; 2004 National Junior Olympian in Track and Field; 2005 State Champion in Track and Field; 23' 1" long jumper.

Yichieh is pretty much an abberation when it comes to Asian track and field potential...I am trying to come up with the right words to describe his speed, uhhhh, fast, quick, lightning speed, blazin', fast-twitch acceleration, etc, etc.

Basically, he can run very fast, and he researched ways to increase his speed all throughout high school. He and I have really clicked as friends with the whole health/fitness/sports/track area of life and sometimes that's all we talk about.

7:30 - Ran 2 warm up laps and then stretched for a good 15-20 minutes.
7:55 - Ran 2+ more miles and I probably lost about 2 lbs. of body weight in sweat!

8:25 - Ate a big breakfast of dragon fruit and mangos, toast, and chicken...

9 am - emailed, skyped, blogged, and AIMed, etc...

Photographs:

Some structure by the waterline...I ran up one of those angled brick braces that you can see by the base - fun stuff

That's definitely a dirtbike...lovin' it.

There were so many shops of this scale or higher...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home